ANKARA' S GUESTS GLI OSPITI DI ANKARA
When Dana left her town she thought that the next morning she would return to Jish al-Suhur.
A year has passed and she is still living in the Boyunyogun refugee camp with her children and her husband Zakaria.
GLI OSPITI DI ANKARA
Quando Dana ha lasciato il paese pensava che sarebbe tornata a Jish al-Shughur la mattina dopo. Ormai è più di un anno che vive nel campo profughi di Boyunyogun con i figli e il marito Zacaria.
Un progetto in collaborazione con Alberto Tetta
Images in this gallery:
- 001. This is one of the first 3 camps created in the summer of 2011 to accommodate refugees. The majority of the displaced persons in this camp comes from Jish al-Shuhur, located near the Turkish border in Idlib province. It’s the first village where soldiers of the Syrian Army were killed, they were 120. Camp guests are predominantly sunni muslims. Boyunyogun Refugee Camp, Altinozu, Turkey.
- 002. Refugee camp, Boyunyogun, Altinozu, Turkey
- 003. Ismail plays in his tent. His father Zakaria is a deserter of the Syrian Army. He now regularly fights with the FSA. When he receives the order from his superiors, Zakaria enters into Syrian territory to fight against Assad’s troops. The rebels move freely between Turkish and Syrian territory, using informal border crossings with the collaboration of the Turkish Army. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 004. The refugees organized commercial activities in the camp in order to recreated a familiar environment. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu. Turkey
- 005. Pets. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 006. Refugee camp. Yayladagi, Turkey
- 007. \'Damascus\' Mosque. Refugee camp. Kilis, Turkey
- 008. Refugee camp, Yayladagi, Turkey
- 009. The refugees express their gratitude to Turkey that is hosting them. They expose the Turkish flag alongside the one of the free Syria. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 010. Isaac is one month old: like many other children he is born in the refugee camp that has existed for more than a year. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 011. One of the main problems in the camp is access to the water, which is rationed. Water scarcity has led to riots in the camps. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 012. The summer heat under the tents is unbearable. The children play in the irrigation canal. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 013. One of the buildings that hosted the tents caught fire due to a short circuit. Two refugees died in the fire. Refugee camp. Yayladagi, Turkey
- 014. Turkish-Syrian border- Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 015. The majority of families who is staying in this camp, have been living for more than a year. Many tents of the Turkish Red Crescent have been personalized by the refugees. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 016. The school of the Camp is closed during the summer time. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 017. Maryam is from the village Jishr al-Shughur, she arrived in the camp one year ago. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 018. Sabeen is a single mother with four children. Her husband, a FSA militant, died fighting three months ago. Taking advantage of her position of single woman, some men have often attacked her in her tent. The Turkish Army does not guarantee security in the camp and a month ago Sabeen was raped. Boyunyogun Refugee camp, Altinozu, Turchia
- 019. Refugee camp, Boyunyogun, Altinozu, Turkey
- 020. Boyunyogun refugee camp hosts mostly women and children. A few hundred meters away there’s the off limits Apaydin refugee camp, the operational base of the FSA. Altinozu, Turkey
- 021. Main entry, Refugee camp. Kilis, Turkey
- 022. In Yayiladagi refugee camp tents are mounted inside former factories. Refugee camp. Yayladagi, Turkey
- 023. \'Iftar’, the breaking of the fasting during the month of Ramadan. Boyunyogun refugee camp, Altinozu, Turkey
- 024. Distribution of food. Refugee camp. Yayladagi, Turkey
- 025. Barber. Refugee camp. Yayladagi, Turkey
- 026. Refugee camp, Kilis, Turkey
- 027. What has now become the most crowded refugee camp was originally a refreshment point for pilgrims heading to the Mecca. Refugee camp. Kilis, Turkey.
- 028. Kilis refugee camp hosts between 10 and 15 thousands refugees and it was set up in April 2012. There are many schools, two mosques and a field hospital. The refugees are housed in containers. Kilis, Turkey